The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS) are funded by the New Zealand Government. Recipients are selected upon Academic Merit and the NZIDRS provides full tuition fees, plus living and other allowances for successful applicants. New Zealand offers a stimulating and internationally trusted academic environment, exceptional living conditions and is a recreational paradise!
NZIDRS scholarships include:
- full tuition fees for three years of full-time doctoral study
- NZ$25,000 per annum living allowance (NZ$2,083.33 per month).
- up to NZ$600 annual health insurance allowance
- NZ$2,000 (across 3 year tenure) travel allowance. This is intended to be used for conference attendance and field research
- NZ$800 (across 3 year tenure) book and thesis allowance
- NZ$500 one-off establishment allowance. Only to be paid to those students who are travelling to NZ specifically to take up the NZIDRS. No student already located in NZ is eligible to receive this amount.
Additional funds are not available to support accompanying dependants.
Evidence of available supervision
You will need to provide evidence that academic supervision is available when you apply for this scholarship. Applicants should ensure that their proposed (New Zealand based) Supervisor completes the relevant page within the NZIDRS Application form.
NZIDRS application close date
The NZIDRS next closes to applications on Monday the 16th of July 2012. Please note that NZIDRS applications received after the closing date and/or incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection panel under any circumstances. This is non-negotiable.
Find out more
If you’re interested in applying for the NZIDRS, please download the 2012 Terms & Conditions (pdf), Application form (Word) and FAQ (pdf) below.
If you have questions about the NZIDR scholarships, please contact the Education New Zealand Scholarships Manager – email@example.com
for more details