What is it?
The Junior Professional Programme (JPP) is a recruitment initiative targeted for talented, highly qualified professionals who are mainly from non- and under- represented developing countries to start a career as an international civil servant with FAO.
Under the supervision of a senior staff member, Junior Professionals (JPs) work with international and national staff and are involved in the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of FAO activities. Purposes of assignments vary and may have a country-specific, regional, sector-based or thematic focus.
JPOs are offered two years fixed term contracts subject to a one-year probationary period. This term may be renewed for a period of up to two additional years, subject to satisfactory performance. JPs will generally be employed at P-1 step 1 level on initial appointment and will move to P-1 step 2 level for the second year of their assignment.
What are the requirements?
Candidates for the JPP are selected on a highly competitive basis. The qualifications below are required for consideration:
- Candidates should be 32 years of age or younger as of 31 December of the year of application;
- Academic qualifications: advanced university degree (Master’s, Ph.D. or equivalent) in a field relevant to the work of FAO;
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in a field relevant to the work of FAO;
- Language skills: working knowledge of one of FAO’s official languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Russian) and a limited knowledge of another, depending on the working language of the duty station;
- Candidates must not bear any of the following relationships to staff members of the Organization: son, daughter, brother or sister
- Anti Microbial Resistance
- Climate Change
- Food Security and Nutrition
- One Health
How to apply?
Please note that the system is currently only available in English. You will need to create a new profile even if you have a profile in iRecruitment.
- If you are a first-time user, you can create your username and password by clicking on the “Access other vacancies” button and choosing “New User.”
- If you are an existing user, you can click on the “Access other vacancies” button, fill out your credentials and click on Log In.
- Once you are logged in, you can create your profile by clicking on your name in the upper right corner. You can use this profile to apply directly to one of the job openings in FAO’s career portal.
- Please note that applications can only be submitted online and that incomplete profiles will not be considered.
Calls for Expression of Interest and Vacancy Announcements are removed automatically from the career site at 23:59 CET on the closing date.
If you are experiencing problems in registering or logging into your account, please contact our Help Desk at: [email protected]. NOTE: This email address does not accept applications.
Deadline: May 11, 2018
Click here for download Broucher of programme
Click here for download administrative circular of programme