Maturity Sings of Sapota:
1. Fruits generally mature in about 240 to 270 days after flowering.
2. Fruits at full maturity develop a dull orange or potato colour.
3. A mature fruit when scratched slightly with nail shows a yellow streak instead of green streak.
4. Brown scaly material disappears from the fruit surface as the fruits approach full maturity.
5. The milky latex content is reduced.
6. The dried spine like style at the top of the fruit falls or drops off easily when touched.
Harvesting of Sapota:
1. The fully matured fruits are harvested with the stalk intact, individually by giving a twist and collected without brushing.
2. Actual Sapota harvester developed by Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli should be used to avoid post harvest losse.
Original Article Here