Maturity Signs of Papaya:
1. Fruits require 125 to 140 days from flowering to maturity.
2. Colour of fruit changes from green to pale green or yellowish.
3. Portion of fruit exposed to sunlight becomes dark yellow in colour.
4. The latex of fruits becomes watery.
5. T.S.S at harvest should be minimum 6%.
Harvesting of Papaya:
1. It is harvested by twisting the fruit on dwarf trees, the operation can be done without mechanical aids.
2. Ladders are often used to harvest tall trees. Poles should never be used for harvesting. The peduncle should be trimmed before panicking.
Original Article Here