Maturity Signs of Jackfruit:
1. The fruit mature in about 180 to 270 days after flowering.
2. Fruit colour changes from green to pale green.
3. A dull, hollow sound is produced when the fruit is tapped by the finger.
4. Fruit spinel become well developed and wide spaced.
5. The last leaf of the peduncle yellows.
6. An aromatic odor develops.
7. The spines yield to moderate pressure.
Harvesting of Jackfruit:
1. If the fruit is within the reach, it can be cut with a sickle or twisted unit it snaps off. In tall trees, a sack is placed on the fruit with a rope tied on the peduncle.
2. After cutting, the fruit is gradually lowered to the ground.
3. It is laid on its peduncle against railing for some time to allow the latex to flow and coagulate.
Original Article Here