1. Depending upon variety carrot become ready for harvesting within 100 to 120 days from sowing.
2. Depending in the variety, the desired size is the primary consideration in harvesting the roots.
3. Oversized roots are not acceptable.
4. Generally small to medium sized carrots are preferred.
5. At marketable stage carrots should have at least 2.5 to 4 cm diameter at the upper end.
Harvesting of Carrot:
Early carrots for the market are pulled out when they partly developed. They are normally du out, when the soil is sufficient moist with spade or a khurpi. The roots are trimmed and washed before sending them to the market.
Original Article Here