Maturity Sings of Bhendi:
1. Fruits are harvested when the pods are still mature, young and tender. They are harvested at an interval of 2 to 3 days.
2. The best time of harvest being 6 to 7 days after opening of flower.
3. Mature pods are fibrous, tough, and unit for human consumption.
Harvesting of Bhendi:
The tender young fruits 7 to 10 cm long should be harvested every alternate day. Frequent picking promote fruit development and enhances yield.
Maturity Signs of Pea:
1. Early varieties require 45 to 60 days and late varieties require 70 to 100 days from sowing.
2. Peas must be picked up at the proper stage of maturity , because they start loosing their rapidly after reaching the edible stage.
3. Quality depends upon sugar content and tenderness. With increasing maturity and size , sugar content declines rapidly, with a correspondence increase in starch and protein.
4. High sugar content is indication of high quality.
5. Harvest the pods when colour of pods changes from dark green to light green with good size.
Harvesting of Pea:
The pods should be harvested at proper maturity by picking at an interval of 12 to 15 days. Picking daily will injure the plant.