The diseases caused by bacteria destroy large populations of insects.
1. Bacillus subtilis is pathogenic to the eggs of desert locust.
2. Corynebacterium spp. are pathogenic to the eggs of desert locust.
3. Pseudomonas aeruginesa is pathogenic to grasshoppers and desert locust.
4. Coccobacillus acridioruma Herelle attacks locusts and grasshoppers.
5. Bacillus pectinophorea mainly infests larvae of Lepidoptera and Diptera ego pink bollworm, American bollworm of cotton and gypsy moth.
6. Bacillus noctuanum attacks severallepidopterous caterpillars.
7. Bacillus popilliae Dutky attacks scarabids and causes milky disease of Japanese beetle.
Key Reference : Insects and Pests Management by Ali Asghar Hashmi