In all over the world, people are suffering with different type of diseases, such as
- Joint pain
- Skin problem
- Blood pressure
- Increase in weight etc.
These all disease are considered as the major problems among human beings now a days. Linseed which is also known as flux helps to control all of these and act as a medicine for human beings. As linseed contains:
- Micro-nutrients such as Mn, P, Cu and selenium etc. these all are considered as the essential for human body as each nutrient have its own role like P helps in the formation of bones and teeth, Mn is beneficial for the skin as it helps in its tightening process, selenium helps in the different metabolic processes while Mg is considered as beneficial for the kidney health.
- It contains fibers (soluble and non soluble).
- Rich source of Vitamin B1. (Vitamin B1 is required for human body to convert the carbohydrates into glucose).
- Different types of fatty acids present in it.
- Rich source of lignin
How it is beneficial for human health?
Linseed which is a Rabi crop is considered as the beneficial for human beings as it controls:
- blood pressure
- sugar level
- act as skin protector
- beneficial for digestion process
- protect the human body against cancer
- provide immunity to the body
- improve kidney functioning
- source of weight loss
Act as cancer protector:
As linseed contain the lignin(it helps to prevent the formation of new cancerous cells) and omega-3-fatty acid(it prevent the cancerous cells to clinging up to healthy cells) which helps to protect the human body against the cancer.
Blood pressure and sugar level:
Linseed helps to control both blood pressure and sugar level of the body. The experts said that by taking linseed daily up to 180 days helps to control the blood pressure and sugar level. So it is beneficial for the diabetic.
There are many products which is made by linseed and it is easy to consume for the human beings because it contains a specific taste like:
- Cookies etc.
As we know, excess of everything is bad.
Linseed f consumed in a high amount or imbalance amount, it causes some problems in the human beings. Such as
- constipation (as it contains dietary fibers, so excess consumption of linseed causes constipation)
- Pain in stomach
Linseed act as medicine for the human health but excess use of it causes the problems in human body’s functioning. Therefore, for the consumption of flux, one should consult with physician.
Written by: Khadija Tehseen Arshad agronomy department, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad. Pakistan.