Maturity Signs of Mango:
1. Fruits generally require 95 to 115 days to mature after flowering.
2. Building of shoulders and a slight depression near the stalk end indicates the maturity of fruit.
3. Colour of fruit changes from dark green to pale green.
4. Red blush develops on the fruit shoulders.
5. One or two or three ripe fruits fall from the plant naturally, indicating maturity of the other fruit on the tree.
6. The fruits with specific gravity between 1.00 to 1.02 are said to be mature.
Harvesting of Mango:
1. Harvesting should be done by hand as much as possible. The fruit is twisted sharply sidewise or upward.
2. The pedicel is trimmed short enough to keep it from puncturing other fruits. Mango harvester harvests fruit borne on high branches.
Original Article Here